CITY VS COUNTRYSIDE: WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER AGENCIES EVERYWHERE, NOT JUST IN THE BIG SMOKE
THE USUAL CONVERSATION…
‘Oh, you’re not in London?’
‘Where exactly is Edenbridge?
‘Three Monkey Design? Do you have a London office…?’
It sometimes gets a little bit tiring explaining why we’re not ‘in the thick of it’. So here are our top reasons why a) not being in London is actually awesome and b) why you should consider us ‘out-of-towners’ when you’re looking for a creative agency to help your business.
1. We’re usually a bit smaller and as such, we’re all about the collaboration. Smaller teams, easier communication – which often means our work has gone though several internal rounds of ‘yes’ or ‘no’ from our own internal judging panel prior to client seeing it.
2. We can be cheaper. No London landlord rates and no city wages means that we can often pass on savings to our clients.
3. We are sometimes older and wiser. Three Monkey Design, we’ve worked in London, but moved to the countryside when we started having kids or wanted a change of lifestyle. Which means we are all a little bit older, so bring our years of experience to clients problems, often saving time and money with our solutions.
SOME MORE REASONS…
4. We can be more agile. If you need a quick tweak to some packaging or a design change on the website, we’re on it. Want to speak to our designers? No problem. Tell us what your need directly and it can get done sooner rather than later.
5. We can sometimes give clients more attention – if you want it! Depending on the size of the agency’s client list and the size of the clients on that list, it might be that a smaller agency has a little bit more space to breathe – meaning we’re able to dedicated a bit more time to everyone.
6. We still have the same network if you need us to help. Just because we’re not in the city doesn’t mean we don’t have city contacts. From the printing to marketing to PR to helping get products on shelves, we can still offer other elements alongside design and branding. Despite being out-of-town.
EVEN MORE REASONS…!
7. Clients can be more hands on. Want to come in and sit with your designer and make design tweaks? No problem. We’ll put the kettle on.
8. We usually over deliver. That’s not to say that the big boys don’t do this too, but we’ll go out of our way to make sure that our clients are happy. We don’t want you running off to one of those big city agencies, after all…
9. We’re usually pretty transparent. Kickbacks and trading deals don’t usually exist in the countryside. Meaning clients can be safe in the knowledge that we really are working in their best interest. Not our own.
10. Fresh, clean air helps with creativity. We think.